Serving Buyers and Sellers in the Bay Area including Albany, Berkeley, El Cerrito, Kensington, Oakland, Rockridge, Piedmont and the surrounding San Francisco East Bay Area
DRE License #00780582
Art Work By Barbara
The Home Selling Process... How I Sell Your Property | Suggestions to an Owner | Dangers of Overpricing | Tips for Selling
Dangers of Overpricing
- Many potential buyers won't even look, thinking the house is out of their price.
- Those buyers who do look are comparison shopping, and an overpriced home may convince them to make a bid on a different property.
- Since an appraisal is often required in financing a property, it is futile to price a property for more than it's worth.
- Properties left on the market for extended periods of time usually become "shopworn", causing many to believe something's amiss.
- Overpricing tends to dampen other agents' enthusiasm, making it less likely to be shown.
- Overpricing lengthens marketing time, and invariably results in a lower selling price than would otherwise be realized.
Back to For Sellers