Spacious Restored Arts and Crafts Shingle
1345 Arch Street, Berkeley
with Bay Views
Offered at: $1,595,000
Read Owner's Letter
This bright and sunny 5+ bedroom, 3½ bath, Arts and Crafts Brown Shingle was home to 4 children, now grown, during the 25 years that it was in the same family.
- The third floor bedroom and bath with separate entrance has been used as au pair.
- There is a spacious family room, flexible office/ breakfast room with french doors to yard, plus room/office in basement and lots of storage.
- The house has served as an outstanding place to give parties and host social events for groups large and small.
- The indoor-outdoor access is superb.
- Bay views, which are very unusual in a Brown Shingle, add to the uniqueness of this home.
- Restored in the style of Arts and Crafts architects Greene & Greene by Artistic License and other fine craftspeople.
- Features include Bradbury & Bradbury wall papers, hand stenciling and paint finishes, historically significant tiles and hand crafted fireplaces and woodwork in living and dining room.
- The foundation, seismic retrofit, roof and systems were done during the renovation.
- Maintenance has continued through the years including kitchen remodel in 2003.
- Additionally there are solar panels for electricity and the Master Bath has steam in the shower.
- Located on coveted Arch Street just 4 blocks to Gourmet Ghetto restaurants, shops, Farmer's market, pop-up trucks and UC Berkeley and transportation, - a "Very Walkable" 86 WalkScore - this house has it all!
Calculate Your Mortgage
Request More Information
Berkeley Neighborhood Links:
City of Berkeley
Live Oak Park
EMAIL BARBARA for more details
or Phone: 510-708-3800